woensdag 17 oktober 2007

First day!!!

Today was the day, for the next three months I'll be working as an intern for SharePoint at Dolmen I must say I was eager to start with this new challenge.
As a student I never worked with SharePoint so it's something completely new for me.
Not knowing what will happen scares me a bit but I know that with some help I will get through it.

Enough chatting let's talk a bit about my first day.
Like everybody on the first day of their new job I was very nervous,
on the way to Dolmen questions kept swinging around in my head.
Where am I going to work? What will I have to do? How are the people who will have to work with me? And many more questions.
So you can imagine I was really nervous when my promoter came down and led me to my desk. But after all I really had no reason
to feel nervous. The people I met there were friendly and helpful. We got introduced to each other and after some
heavy working with some computers I got my spot in the office.
After the usual computer configuration I received an e-mail asking me to attend at a presentation about WSS 3.0.
Right down to business I thought to myself.
I felt like a new world was opening before me at the presentation, yes off course there were moments where I got lost
but after all I understood the big picture and that was the most important thing I think.
After the presentation I received a book about WSS 3.0 with exercises and slides to help me get the basics of WSS 3.0.
That will keep me occupied for the next few days I think.

So that's about it for my first day of internship at Dolmen.
I'll update this blog on my findings and new assignments as much as possible so that maybe one day I'll be the
one making posts about how you make this or that instead of me browsing to other peoples blog for information :)

Geen opmerkingen: